The most complicated theme I have ever made. Based on the Steampunk aesthetic, this theme is full of moving parts and detail galore. The only downside is it may take a while for the page to load the first time you view it, but it’s totally worth it.
- Contains a ‘functional’ cog, pulley and weight system that moves with the page as you scroll.
- Custom background colour.
- Unlimited links. Your first 6 links display as fancy buttons to the right of your description. If you have more than 6 links, the rest display below your description.
- Optional infinite scroll.
- Custom sidebar image. Upload any square image and it’ll resize to fit.
- Border and link colours are customisable.
- Description scrolls when it gets too long.
- Special formatting for the new reblogged asks.
- Like buttons and reblog buttons on every post.
- Works on all major browsers (yes, even IE).
A lot of images have been used to make this theme, from all over the internet. Take time to check out the page where I have credited them all.
|16,172 notes||8:30pm, 07/09/2013||source: themesbyeris via: mrsdentonorahippo|
The arc-length parametrization of an Archimedean spiral visualized with colors.
Then I got curious: exactly how does the re-parametrization redistributes the points along this curve? In the original parametrization, the points are bunched up in the middle of the spiral, and more spaced on the outside. The arc-length parametrization makes them equally spaced along the whole path. So how do they compare?
First, I tried this with black points, but it was too confusing. Same thing for a few dots highlighted. So I decided to color them all based on the angle in the original parametrization. This is the result.
It is really interesting how the colors are bent around. It seems that the distribution is quite non-uniform, even though the spiral is rather uniform in growth.
I originally rendered this with four times as many frames, but due to the amount of colors and dimensions of the GIF, Tumblr wouldn’t accept it. It was too large. Below is the animation with twice as many frames.
Hint: try squinting! It blurs the colors and it looks really trippy!
|19,304 notes||11:13pm, 19/07/2013||via: 1ucasvb|
Hoodoo ad detail (1950s)
|456 notes||11:12pm, 19/07/2013||source: cryptofwrestling via: klappersacks|
- Artist: Carpenters
- Album: Ticket To Ride
- Track Name: Ticket To Ride
- Play Count: 19
Carpenters // Ticket To Ride
I think I’m gonna be sad
I think it’s today
The boy that’s driving me mad
Is going away
|4 notes||9:04am, 16/07/2013||via: naughtylilnymph|
"Beachwood 45789" — The Marvelettes (1962)
|5 notes||8:58am, 16/07/2013||via: matticus-nightshade|
- Artist: The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Album: Axis: Bold As Love
- Track Name: If 6 Was 9
- Play Count: 47
Song for June 15th.
|14 notes||8:40am, 16/07/2013||via:|